About [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Snow Queen (or, Happy Birthday AGAIN!)


Wearing:

- white cardigan from Kohl's (several years ago)

- white embroidered 3/4 sleeve henley, Goodwill Outlet

- jeans

- Fergie boots

- pearls & crystals necklace, a gift

- silver scarf, a gift

- bracelets from Sammy Dress



So, I finally had a chance to make up the birthday lunch with my daughter at school, and once again I was going for a slightly magical look.



I kept the jeans & boots (well, different jeans) but I changed up the top. 



In fact, I've never put these two pieces together before- this cardigan is one I usually wear in the summer. I had actually bought it in preparation for a trip to the Bahamas. But I thought it worked out nicely, and it gave me the excuse to wear...



...this! It's sparkly. And it's pretty. And it looks really cool with the button-up top because that top has silver threads running through it.



I felt very royal. Suitable company for my own little princess, who was delighted to see me when I came for lunch, especially because I brought Grandpa (my dad) with me as a surprise!
:-)



The Keeping It Real moment of the day: I just about died laughing when I saw this photo afterward because it seriously looks like I'm examining my belly button. 

My toddler would be so proud.

Do you ever feel like dressing like royalty?

Have you noticed that [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve is not like other style blogs out there? Click here to find out how it was born and why it's so weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We’re all in this together friends, so be nice! I look forward to reading your thoughts.