About [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Special Day


Wearing:

- skirt, Shabby Apple (it has POCKETS! Luuurve skirts with pockets!!!)

- white button-up blouse, Victoria’s Secret

- black cardigan, Victoria’s Secret

- black tights

- black suede Candies pumps, Kohl's

- faux pearl necklace, Kohl’s (I think)

- Grandma's pearl bracelet



It was a BIG day around here because my oldest girl got BAPTIZED into the Church of Jesus Christ of  Latter-day Saints! Yippee!

I decided to go totally clean, classic, and sophisticated for the occasion, so I knew pearls would be involved. I also knew it was the perfect occasion to wear my pumps because they are 1-hour shoes. (You know how shoes have a time limit, right? Inversely proportional to how amazing they look- the more amazing the shoe, the shorter the time limit.) Well, these babies are gorgeous but I hardly ever get to wear them because they can’t make it through 3 hours of church or even a night out.


Here’s another shot of them that I took on the day I got them. Because they were just so beautiful. Are they not the most perfect black pumps ever? I mean, I got size 10 clodhoppers and they make those suckers look GOOD. 

Ack. I just love them.



A shot from the back so you can see the hair, but I noticed that with the flash on you can see how thin the sweater is! That's actually one of my favorite things about that cardigan though, and you can't see through it like that in normal lighting.



Just a rope braid into a bun. About 3 minutes. Nice. Polished. Chic. Please ignore the gray. 
*sigh*



But I loved THIS even more than my shoes. Congratulations my beautiful girl!

So, do any of your shoes have short time limits? 

Have you noticed that [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve is not like other style blogs out there? Click here to find out how it was born and why it's so weird...



No comments:

Post a Comment

We’re all in this together friends, so be nice! I look forward to reading your thoughts.