About [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve

Monday, February 17, 2014

Short & Sweet


Wearing: 

- black turtleneck from Victoria’s Secret

- cute floral dress harvested from the Goodwill Outlet (maybe cost me 50 cents? SCORE!)

- black skirt worn underneath dress to give it a little extra length, also from Goodwill Outlet (DOUBLE SCORE!)

- black leggings from Kohl’s a couple years ago

- black boots 

- bracelets from Sammy Dress

- cool gold and pink rock pendant necklace from (I think) Ann Taylor- it was a gift from my sister

- pink beaded earrings

Okay, first let’s address the big issue here. The Brown Paper Bag. Did he get in a fight? I mean, he’s not looking so hot here. All of his little plastic baggies are about to spill out all over the place. He really needs to get himself together.

Next, the boots. Old, but the most comfortable shoe with a heel that I own. 

Finally, the skirt under the dress- I am a Mormon, so modesty is key- all skirts to the knee! (Hey, that rhymed!) I’ve decided that I like the layered look of wearing a fuller skirt under a shorter dress, so that’s what I did. 

In the spring I wear this dress with a short-sleeve black tee underneath, and maybe with a black cardigan. I keep the leggings and pair it with black ballet flats. Very chic.



Only two pics today.

Okay, okay, you got me. It’s really only one because I cropped the first one to get this one. I had just gotten home from church and I was hungry. I wanted lunch.

But hey, at least you get a great close-up of my bracelets and my long piano fingers which do not ever play the piano because I don’t know how.

What do you think about the skirts-under-dresses thing? Think you’ll try it?

Have you noticed that [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve is not like other style blogs out there? Click here to find out how it was born and why it's so weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We’re all in this together friends, so be nice! I look forward to reading your thoughts.