About [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dressy at 17 Degrees


Still trying to get all these winter posts done, because spring is (hopefully) right around the corner!

On the day I wore this it was 17 degrees outside when I got my kids on the bus at 8 am. I had my Institute of Religion (scripture study) class that day, which I usually try to dress nicely for, and so I had the challenge of wearing something that was both dressy and would keep me warm. 



Wearing:

- Calvin Klein coat, TJ Maxx a few years ago (I love this coat. It is completely lined in soft faux fur and it is SO warm)

- black short sleeve cowl neck sweater, Goodwill Outlet

- black turtleneck (under the sweater), Victoria's Secret

- black & gray pinstripe skirt

- black leggings

- gray Fergie boots

- silver multi-strand necklace, Sammy Dress

- silver hoop earrings

- plaid newsboy cap, TJ Maxx (actually bought this the same day as the coat- I was extra warm)

- silver & red cuff bracelet


Whenever I see a photo of me in this hat with my head down, I feel like I'm channeling Michael Jackson.



Cute, comfy, and warm. My three favorite things to be.



Later that day when I got home, I changed out the skirt, leggings, and gray boots for a pair of jeans and my black suede boots.



All ready to go out again!

Am I the only one who places such a high priority on being warm in the winter? I HATE to be cold!!

Have you noticed that [Wearing My] Art on My Sleeve is not like other style blogs out there? Click here to find out how it was born and why it's so weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We’re all in this together friends, so be nice! I look forward to reading your thoughts.